2022 TINMAN JOBURG SERIES
Believe it or not, the TINMAN Series is now in Joburg! Join us on the 29th of May for the second TinMan Joburg Event at Buffelspoort Dam. Make sure you bring the whole family for an epic day out!
The TinMan series is a fun, family orientated series that includes multiple events during a calendar year, all of them taking place at the same venue, utilising safe roads and flat running routes. The Tinman Series is a popular family orientated series that includes 3 Triathlon events on the day as well as a separate 10km running race and a duathlon.
Come join us for this ultimate family multisport event in 2022, enter the first one and watch how your fitness and racing improves during the year!
- 10km Run (12yrs up)
- Mini Tri (200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run) 8yrs up.
- Sprint Tri (600m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run) 15yrs up.
- Sprint RELAY TEAM (600m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run)
- Challenge Tri (1.2km Swim / 30km Cycle / 10km Run) 17yrs up.
- Challenge RELAY TEAM (1.2km Swim / 30km Cycle / 10km Run) - 3.5hr cut off
- Challenge Duathlon (10km Run / 30km Cycle / 5km Run) 17yrs up - 3.5hr cut off
Registration Venue: Buffelspoort Dam
- 10km Run Challenge Duathlon & Challenge Tri: 5:45am to 7am
- Sprint Tri: 6:30am to 7:30am
- MiniTri: 6:30am to 7:30am
Bike Racking will be at the same time as registration. Once you register, you enter the transition directly from registration - secure area.
- 7am: 10km Run & Challenge Triathlon & Duathlon
- 7:40am: Sprint Triathlon
- 8:15am: Mini Triathlon
- Entry Fees:
- 10km Run: R140.00
- Mini Tri: R240.00
- Sprint Tri: R500.00
- Sprint Relay Team of 2: R250.00 (pp.) / of 3: R170.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Tri: R590.00
- Challenge Relay Team of 2 R300.00 (pp.) / of 3: R200.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Duathlon: R550.00
Also included is an awesome safe fun family event, Finishers medals or similar and a Finishers Drink as well as lucky draw prizes and Winners prizes.
ENTRIES CLOSE THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE EACH EVENT.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRINT AND COMPLETE YOUR COVID-19 HEALTH DECLARATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION. Download the form here: COVID-19 Health Declaration Form
Very Important information:
- Each competitor must download and print a COVID health form HERE to hand in at registration.
- FINAL Race Instructions will be emailed on the Friday before each event.
- This event is DRAFT LEGAL.
- Athletes need to sanitize and have their temperature checked as they enter the venue (Stations to be provided)
- Athletes need to wear a mask until they walk down to the swim start and reapply once finished.
- Athletes will be set off in mass wave starts
- Team entries are allowed
- Staff and officials will be kept to a minimum to comply with regulations.
- Water tables will be self-service (32Gi Sachets and water Sachets provided)
- All competitors will receive and ice-cold aQuellé at the finish line and a finishers keyring or medal at the finish.
- Due to the ever-growing pollution of our planet, our race numbers are recycled and reused. Please remember to hand them in at the finish line to receive your medal.
More information: www.bactive.com/events/
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 3 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)||3 person team (pp)|
|Mini Tri||0.2 km 200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run||06:50||R 230.00||-||-|
|Sprint Tri||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:30||R 500.00||-||-|
|Sprint Team||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:30||-||R 250.00||R 170.00|
|10 km Run / 30km Cycle / 5km run||07:45||R 550.00||-||-|
|10km Running||10 km||08:00||R 130.00||-||-|
|Challenge Tri||1.2 km Swim / 30km Cycle / 10km Run||08:20||R 590.00||-||-|
|Challenge Team||1.2 km Swim / 30km Cycle / 10km Run||08:35||-||R 300.00||R 200.00|
Buffelspoort Dam, Buffelspoort