2022 TINMAN JOBURG SERIES
Believe it or not, the TINMAN Series is now in Joburg! Join us on the 13th March for the first TinMan Joburg Event at Buffelspoort Dam. Make sure you bring the whole family for an epic day out!
The TinMan Series is perfect for those who like to keep moving and it’s the oldest the biggest family Tri-Series in South Africa. The series was started in 1999 and has become very popular nationally and a household name to many athletes.
The TinMan series is a fun, family orientated series that includes multiple events during a calendar year, all of them taking place at the same venue, utilising safe roads and flat running routes. The Tinman Series is a popular family orientated series that includes 3 Triathlon events on the day as well as a separate 10km running race and a duathlon.
Come join us for this ultimate family multisport event in 2022, enter the first one and watch how your fitness and racing improves during the year!
- 10km Run (12yrs up)
- Mini Tri (200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run) 8yrs up.
- Sprint Tri (600m Swim / 22km Cycle / 5km Run) 15yrs up.
- Sprint RELAY TEAM (600m Swim / 22km Cycle (4 laps) / 5km Run)
- Challenge Tri (1.2km Swim / 32km Cycle (6 laps) / 10km Run) 17yrs up.
- Challenge RELAY TEAM (1.2km Swim / 32km Cycle (6 laps) / 10km Run)
- Challenge Duathlon (10km Run / 32km Cycle (6 laps) / 5km Run) 17yrs up.
Registration Venue: Buffelspoort Dam
- 10km Run Challenge Duathlon & Challenge Tri: 5:45am to 6:30am
- Sprint Tri: 6:30am to 7:30am
- MiniTri: 6:30am to 7:30am
- 6:45am: 10km Run & Challenge Triathlon & Duathlon
- 7:40am: Sprint Triathlon
- 8:15am: Mini Triathlon
- 10km Run: R140.00
- Mini Tri: R240.00
- Sprint Tri: R500.00
- Sprint Relay Team of 2: R250.00 (pp.) / of 3: R170.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Tri: R590.00
- Challenge Relay Team of 2 R300.00 (pp.) / of 3: R200.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Duathlon: R550.00
Also included is an awesome safe fun family event, Finishers medals or similar and a Finishers Drink as well as lucky draw prizes and Winners prizes.
ENTRIES CLOSE THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE EACH EVENT.
Very Important information:
- FINAL Race Instructions will be emailed on the Friday before each event.
- This event is DRAFT LEGAL except for the Challenge Tri. Tri Bikes are allowed.
- Team entries are allowed
- All competitors will receive and ice-cold aQuellé at the finish line and a finishers keyring or medal at the finish.
- Due to the ever-growing pollution of our planet, our race numbers are recycled and reused. Please remember to hand them in at the finish line to receive your medal.
More information: www.bactive.com/events/
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 3 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)||3 person team (pp)|
|Mini Tri||0.2 km 200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run||06:50||R 230.00||-||-|
|Sprint Tri||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:30||R 500.00||-||-|
|Sprint Team||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:30||-||R 250.00||R 170.00|
|10 km Run / 32 Cycle / 5km run||07:45||R 550.00||-||-|
|10km Running||10 km||08:00||R 130.00||-||-|
|Challenge Tri||1.2 km Swim / 32km Cycle / 10km Run||08:20||R 590.00||-||-|
|Challenge Team||1.2 km Swim / 32km Cycle / 10km Run||08:35||-||R 300.00||R 200.00|
Buffelspoort Dam, Buffelspoort