2023 TINMAN KZN SERIES
The TinMan Series is perfect for those who like to keep moving and it’s the oldest the biggest family Tri-Series in South Africa. The series was started in 1999 and has become very popular nationally and a household name to many athletes.
The TinMan series is a fun, family orientated series that includes multiple events during a calendar year, all of them taking place at the same venue, utilising full road closure and flat running routes. The Tinman Series is a popular family orientated series that includes 3 Triathlon events on the day as well as a 10km running race and a duathlon.
Come join us for this ultimate family multisport event in 2023, enter the first one and watch how your fitness and racing improves during the year!
- 10km Run (12yrs up)
- NEW SWIM/RUN (600m swim / 3.5km Run to Suncoast) – Starts at the same time as the SPRINT TRI.
- Mini Tri (200m Swim / 3.5km Run / 5km Cycle / 500mm Run) 8yrs up.
- Sprint Tri (600m Swim / 3.5km Run / 22km Cycle / 1.5km Run) 15yrs up.
- Sprint RELAY TEAM (600m Swim / 3.5km Run / 22km Cycle / 1.5km Run) 15yrs up.
- Challenge Tri (1.2km Swim / 3.5km Run / 32km Cycle (6 laps) / 6.5km Run) 16yrs up.
- Challenge RELAY TEAM(1.2km Swim / 3.5km Run / 32km Cycle (6 laps) / 6.5km Run) 16yrs up.
- Challenge Duathlon (10km Run / 32km Cycle (6 laps) / 5km Run) 17yrs up.
Registration Venue: Suncoast Sundeck, Durban
- 10km Run Challenge Duathlon & Challenge Tri: 5:45am to 6:30am
- Sprint Tri & SWIM/RUN: 6:30am to 7:30am
- Mini Tri: 6:30am to 7:30am
- 6:45am: 10km Run & Challenge Triathlon & Duathlon
- 7:40am: Sprint Triathlon & SWIM/RUN
- 8:15am: Mini Triathlon
2023 Entry Fees (We have kept Entry fees the same as 2022 for you 😊):
- 10km Run: R140.00
- Mini Tri: R230.00
- NEW Swim/Run: R290.00
- Sprint Tri: R430.00
- Sprint Relay Team of 2: R230.00 (pp.) / of 3: R160.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Tri: R500.00
- Challenge Relay Team of 2 R260.00 (pp.) / of 3: R175.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Duathlon: R470.00
Also included is a Finishers medal and an ice cold aQuelle as well as lucky draw prizes and Winners prizes.
ENTRIES CLOSE THE THURSDAY AT MIDNIGHT BEFORE EACH EVENT.
Very Important information:
- FINAL Race Instructions will be emailed on the Friday morning before each event.
- This event is DRAFT LEGAL. NO tri Bikes.
- Team entries are allowed
- All competitors will receive and ice-cold aQuellé at the finish line and a finishers keyring or medal at the finish.
- Due to the ever-growing pollution of our planet, our race numbers are recycled and reused. Please remember to hand them in at the finish line to receive your medal.
More information: www.bactive.com/events/
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 3 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)||3 person team (pp)|
|Mini Tri||7.7 km 200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run||06:50||R 240.00||-||-|
|Sprint Tri||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:30||R 440.00||-||-|
|Sprint Team||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:30||-||R 230.00||R 160.00|
Swim / Run
Swim and Run Only
|0.6 km km Swim & 3.5km Run||07:40||R 290.00||-||-|
|10 km Run / 32km Cycle / 5km Run||07:45||R 470.00||-||-|
|10km Running||10 km||08:00||R 140.00||-||-|
|Challenge Tri||1.2 km Swim / 32km Cycle / 10km Run||08:20||R 500.00||-||-|
|Challenge Team||1.2 km Swim / 32km Cycle / 10km Run||08:35||-||R 260.00||R 175.00|
Suncoast Casino, Durban
|Address||Suncoast Casino, Hotels and Entertainment, O R Tambo Parade, Stamford Hill, Durban, South Africa|