B-Active Events is proud to launch the TINMAN Series into the Cape in 2023. The TINMAN Series is the oldest Triathlon Series currently running in South Africa, having started in 1999. The TINMAN Series is a grass roots development series, offering races for kids from 8yrs old upwards. Adults and kids can race side by side over 5 different events on race day.
The TINMAN Series has 4 events in Durban and 4 in Joburg, making it the perfect national Series to sign up for! Get yourself and the kids entered and come have some fun at the fun, family friendly multisport Series.
Events and Dates:
26 March -Tinman Benguela Cove
28 May - Tinman Langebaan
5 Nov - Tinman Val de Vie
- 10km Run (12yrs up)
- Mini Tri (200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run) 8yrs up.
- Sprint Tri (600m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run) 15yrs up.
- Sprint RELAY TEAM (600m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run) 15yrs up.
- Challenge Tri (1.2km Swim / 30km Cycle / 10km Run) 16yrs up.
- Challenge RELAY TEAM (1.2km Swim / 30km Cycle / 10km Run) 16yrs up.
- Challenge Duathlon (10km Run / 30km Cycle / 5km Run) 17yrs up.
Registration Venue: Venue specific
- 10km Run Challenge Duathlon & Challenge Tri: 5:45am to 6:30am
- Sprint Tri: 6:30am to 7:30am
- Mini Tri: 6:30am to 7:30am
- 6:50am: 10km Run & Challenge Triathlon & Duathlon
- 7:40am: Sprint Triathlon
- 8:15am: Mini Triathlon
2023 ENTRY FEES:
- 10km Run: R140.00
- Mini Tri: R240.00
- Sprint Tri: R440.00
- Sprint Relay Team of 2: R230.00 (pp.) / of 3: R160.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Tri: R490.00
- Challenge Relay Team of 2 R260.00 (pp.) / of 3: R175.00 (p.p.)
- Challenge Duathlon: R450.00
Also included is a Finishers medals and an ice cold aQuelle as well as lucky draw prizes and Winners prizes.
ENTRIES CLOSE THE THURSDAY AT MIDNIGHT BEFORE EACH EVENT.
Very Important information:
- All events are ROAD Triathlons. You can Use a MTB, and ROAD Bike. NO TRI Bars are allowed at all.
- FINAL Race Instructions will be available on the I AM ACTIVE Event Communicator from Race week: https://b-active.beepdsmart.com/card/b-active-iamactive
- This event is DRAFT LEGAL. NO Tri Bikes or Tri bars allowed.
- Team entries are allowed – Teams must hand over the Race number or Chip inside the transition area.
- All competitors will receive and ice-cold aQuellé on the finish line and a finishers keyring or medal at the finish.
- Due to the ever-growing pollution of our planet, our race numbers are recycled and reused. Please remember to hand them in at the finish line to receive your medal.
- Prize Giving will be around 10:30am.
More information: www.bactive.com/events/
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 3 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)||3 person team (pp)|
|Challenge Tri||1.2 km Swim / 32km Cycle / 10km Run||06:50||R 500.00||-||-|
|10km Running||10 km||06:50||R 140.00||-||-|
|Challenge Team||1.2 km Swim / 32km Cycle / 10km Run||06:50||-||R 260.00||R 175.00|
|10 km Run / 32km Cycle / 5km Run||06:50||R 470.00||-||-|
|Sprint Tri||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:40||R 440.00||-||-|
|Sprint Team||0.6 km Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run||07:40||-||R 230.00||R 160.00|
|Mini Tri||7.7 km 200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run||08:15||R 240.00||-||-|
Val de Vie, Val De Vie Winelands Lifestyle Estate
|Address||Val de Vie Estate, R301, Jan van Riebeeck Drive, Paarl, 7646|
|City||Val De Vie Winelands Lifestyle Estate|